Experience Spring At The McCutchen House On The Historic Hourseshoe
Located on the Horseshoe at The University of South Carolina - The McCutchen House offers cooking & wine classes as well as some of the finest dining.
- February 14, Valentine’s Dinner for Lovers and Friends: This eclectic menu features foods from France to Italy ($140 per couple)
- February 29, Eating Good and Loving It: Menu created by Cooking Light magazine
- March 21, Low Country with Flair: Your favorite Low Country foods fine dining style
- April 11, A Night in Tuscany: Foods from all over the Tuscany region of Italy
Chef d'jour Classes at McCutchen House -- Enjoy a morning of culinary instruction at the Chef d’jour classes! These half-day cooking classes designed to help the layperson get a leg up in the kitchen. $50 per person, 9 am –1 pm unless otherwise noted. For reservations, call (803) 777-8225 or visit website.
- January 26, The Basics is the most requested class taught by our highly trained Culinary Instructors. Designed to teach the average home chef how to develop their kitchen skills, you will be taught how to prepare your own stocks, make the five base sauces, and how to chop and dice like a TV chef. We're sorry, January 26 The Basics is FULL.
- February 9, Valentine’s Day: Don't know what to cook up for that special person in your life? Let us teach you new and exciting foods to serve the one you love. You will learn how to prepare the meal from start to finish.
- March 8,The Basics is the most requested class taught by our highly trained Culinary Instructors. Designed to teach the average home chef how to develop their kitchen skills, you will be taught how to prepare your own stocks, make the five base sauces, and how to chop and dice like a TV chef.
- April 19, Baking 101: Can?t bake but love to? Baking 101 is designed to arm you with the knowledge you need to bake. This class will cover topics from breads to cakes. Give us four hours and you?ll be baking with the best of them.
- May 3, Advanced Desserts: Not for the novice! This class is for those who have a passion for desserts. Learn how to make restaurant quality desserts. The fundamentals of plated desserts, followed by trained professional pastry chefs.
- June 7, Grill It! Develop techniques for grilling and cooking outdoors. Not sure when to use a marinade or rub? Are you rocky on grilling fish and vegetables? This class will give you the know how!
Wine Classes -- Discover the wines and sample the proper foods from these regions. Enjoy a night of wine tasting and great food, tapas style. Wine events are $50 per person, except for series classes which are $179 per person. Beer classes begin at 6:30 pm. Wine classes begin at 6 pm. For reservations, call (803) 777-8225 or visit the website.
- Jan. 22, English Beers: A selection of hardy English beers and stouts
- Jan. 23, Italian Wines: Paired with Italian foods from ravioli to pizzas
- Jan. 29, Feb 5, 12, 19, Wine 101: The basics of wine and how to taste
- February 4, Dessert Wines, Champagnes: With bite size desserts from around the world
- February 26, West Coast Wines (California, Oregon, & Washington): Paired with classic American foods from burgers to seared pepper salmon
- March 4, Rosé wines: All the rage of rosé and how to pair it with foods
- March. 11, French Wines: With delicate regional French foods
- March 19, Wine and Cheese Pairing: The art of pairing wine with fine cheeses from around the world
- March 31, Spain and Portugal: Tapas- style like they do in Portugal & Spain
- April 8, Wines of Tuscany: Paired with the rich foods of the original Piedmont region of Italy
Lunch at McCutchen House on the Historic Horseshoe -- Join us Tuesday through Friday for our Gourmet Lunch Buffet
11:30 am – 1:30 pm
$10 per person
Reservations requested 777-4450