Thursday, January 10, 2008

CCP Clean & Safe Team in Action


On Wednesday January 09,2007 an editorial was written in The State Newspaper. The information is actually about a City Center Partnership's Safe Team Member. Good Job Allen!

Editorial:
Chivalrous guard makes world safer

Recently, a friend and I were walking back from exercising at Finlay Park in the early evening hours. We’d parked our cars in the metered lot near the bus station downtown. As we turned the corner to walk to our cars, a gentleman wearing a yellow-shirted uniform, whom I believe worked for the city of Columbia, introduced himself as Allen and walked us to our cars to ensure our safety. He asked that we check the backseats of our cars and then waited patiently until we were safely in our vehicles to continue patrolling the parking lot.

My friend and I were absolutely and wonderfully surprised by this man’s gentlemanly and chivalrous behavior. While it may be his job to patrol the area, he went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure our safety. I have worked downtown for years and have never once had this experience before.

I would like to thank Allen for his respectful and kind concern for my friend and me. The world would be a little bit safer and brighter if there were a few more gentlemen such as Allen.

ELIZABETH HOUSER

1 Comments:

At January 11, 2008 at 8:59 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Job Allen

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home