Main Street Columbia, South Carolina Gaining Momentum
Look for 2007 to be "The Tipping Point" for Main Street.
- Residential growth on Main Street will have doubled in 2007 with the additions of 75 apartments in the Barringer Building and 34 Condominiums at 1520 Main.
- New Sheraton boutique hotel will be opening at corner of Washington and Main with rooftop bar.
- Kickstand Photography recently opened their new studio.
- In April, a new sculpture with an interactive water feature will be built at the corner of Main and Hampton on Boyd Plaza in front of Art Museum.
- New retail is coming to life with specialty shops locating on Main Street.
- Argyle Social Club announces formation of new private social and dining club to be located next to the Columbia Museum of Art.
- The Business Improvement District will launch their Retail Initiative.
- Downtown Public Safety Plan to be implemented with significant increase in police and safety patrol.
Columbia is quickly become a vibrant and convenient urban atmosphere with numerous opportunities for varied lifestyles.
Labels: Main Street